1-BIN-301, 2-AIN-501 Methods in Bioinformatics, 2021/22
Journal club papers
A detailed description of the journal club activity is included in the course rules.
Please submit your preferences regarding these papers using this form until Wednesday 20.10.2021, 22:00. In the form, include numbers of three papers from this list in the order of preference.
- Lemey P, Hong SL, Hill V, Baele G, Poletto C, Colizza V, O’toole Á, McCrone JT, Andersen KG, Worobey M, Nelson MI. Accommodating individual travel history and unsampled diversity in Bayesian phylogeographic inference of SARS-CoV-2. Nature communications. 2020 Oct 9;11(1):1-4. 
- Quick J, Grubaugh ND, Pullan ST, Claro IM, Smith AD, Gangavarapu K, Oliveira G, Robles-Sikisaka R, Rogers TF, Beutler NA, Burton DR. Multiplex PCR method for MinION and Illumina sequencing of Zika and other virus genomes directly from clinical samples. Nature protocols. 2017 Jun;12(6):1261.  alebo  (application to SARS-CoV-2 )
- Wahba L, Jain N, Fire AZ, Shoura MJ, Artiles KL, McCoy MJ, Jeong DE. An extensive meta-metagenomic search identifies SARS-CoV-2-homologous sequences in pangolin lung viromes. MSphere. 2020 May 6;5(3):e00160-20. 
- Zhang S, Amahong K, Zhang C, Li F, Gao J, Qiu Y, Zhu F. RNA–RNA interactions between SARS-CoV-2 and host benefit viral development and evolution during COVID-19 infection. Briefings in Bioinformatics. 2021 Sep 28. 
- Korber, B., Fischer, W.M., Gnanakaran, S., Yoon, H., Theiler, J., Abfalterer, W., Hengartner, N., Giorgi, E.E., Bhattacharya, T., Foley, B. and Hastie, K.M., 2020. Tracking changes in SARS-CoV-2 Spike: evidence that D614G increases infectivity of the COVID-19 virus. Cell.  (comment on the paper from different authors )
- Gordon DE, Hiatt J, Bouhaddou M, Rezelj VV, Ulferts S, Braberg H, Jureka AS, Obernier K, Guo JZ, Batra J, Kaake RM. Comparative host-coronavirus protein interaction networks reveal pan-viral disease mechanisms. Science. 2020 Dec 4;370(6521).