2-AIN-505, 2-AIN-251: Seminar in Bioinformatics (1), (3)
Participants will study, present and discuss newest developments in
selected areas of bioinformatics and related fields.
|Participation (at most one absence allowed)||20%|
|Preparation for presentation ||20%|
Grades: A: 90+, B: 80+, C: 70+, D: 60+, E: 50+
- The seminar is open for everybody interested in bioinformatics,
even if you do not register in the course. However, we may ask
attendees who do not take the course to also occassionally present at
- We recommend that participants have some knowledge of bioinformatics, for example
obtained by taking Methods in Bioinformatics course.
- Regular participation is required to pass the course. More than
one unjustified absence means Fx grade.
- Every student taking the course will present one paper chosen from
the list provided by the instructors. The instructors will collect
your preferences regarding the papers and dates. You can also suggest
new papers, preferably those having both computer science and biology
content and not older than 2 years.
- Several days prior to your presentation, you will have a scheduled
meeting with one of the instructors. Before this meeting, you should
read the paper and consider on which parts of the paper you want to
concentrate during your presentation. During the meeting, you can
discuss with the instructors any questions regarding the paper and
your presentation plans. You can prepare the presentation itself after
the meeting. Your preparadness for the meeting is part of your grade.
- More detailed instructions